Home > Windows 7 > 7 SP1 Update Problem

7 SP1 Update Problem

Contents

tada -----Willy Flag Permalink Reply This was helpful (0) Collapse - Answer Plan 2 failed by T21b / July 15, 2016 4:01 PM PDT In reply to: Win 7 SP1 not THANKYOU Ian Thanks so much. Ryan December 11, 2016 Reply Dec 11 and counting… another thanks! It'll open Registry Editor. 2. Source

Britec09 1.071.081 görüntüleme 10:12 100% [Fixed] Easy:Windows update Checking for updates stuck Windows 7,8,8.1,10 - Süre: 8:16. djkwik66 Even the stand-alone installer won't work...it too gets stuck 'searching for already installed updates" and won't budge. Then when it didn't work they threw up there hands and said the whole thing didn't work without even reading the remainder and realizing you have to do the second part Check the EDIT section below, there is a much faster way to fully update Windows 7 SP1 after a clean install now. http://superuser.com/questions/951960/windows-7-sp1-windows-update-stuck-checking-for-updates

Windows 7 Update Checking For Updates Forever

How i long for that company to go under and a new, more caring computer software company arise….ps I hAVE NEVER FOUND ONE SINGLE ARTICLE ON ms WEBSITE WHICH IS HELPFUL, None of them worked....so thanks much for posting this awesome fix. Thank you Neil in advance. Here's mine: 201610301855 GMT (or Zulu).

Sort the services by name in descending order and find the "Windows Update" service 3. I went through most all steps and it took hours to download all the updates. One tip when you have this many updates to install and don't want a failure that reverts changes, install the updates in sections. Windows 7 Update Stuck Downloading But I encounter my first error while running UpdateGenerator.exe.

I am so grateful! Windows Update Client For Windows 7 This is the point-and-click method: Control Panel > System and Security > Windows Update > Change settings. If you are recieving donations, please E-mail me, and Ill donate. I guess one should try to remove cached data as well where possible. –Ross Dec 21 '15 at 9:36 nice link, easiest fix –Andrew Jul 14 '16 at 13:01

originally installed with Win 8 downgraded to Win 7 Ultimate. Windows Update Standalone Installer Searching For Updates On This Computer Once I reformatted I ran into the Windows Update issue where it keeps checking for updates. Finally! While there are reports of Windows 10 updating frequently, there are far fewer reports of issues where Windows Update does not quickly perform successful updates.

1. Marie THANK YOU!
  2. If you are happy with what your current windows 7 system has to offer and if it is working fine.
  3. The next day, I turned on my PC and immediately tried Windows Update without doing anything - and tada, it was fixed, it was able to check, download and install updates.
  4. Thanks very much again! (I've now set updates to install automatically to hopefully avoid that tyrannical Windows 10 update forever.) rose thank you a million for this guide.
  5. This speeds up the setup of MSU updates and the useless steps from Moab are not required (reboot causes that the Wu service is stopped until it gets started via trigger

Windows Update Client For Windows 7

Any solution? Gary You solved my problem - worked over 2 weeks daily until i found your site. Windows 7 Update Checking For Updates Forever But there's a related, completely bizarre fix that seems to solve the problem.Poster EP on AskWoody.com came up with the solution: Sad to say this Tuesday May 10, 1pm pacific time, doing Windows 7 Checking For Updates Never Ends Reply Francis YongJuly 16, 2016 at 6:09 amPermalink Hi, At the end of the update process it's stuck at ‘listing ids of missing updates (please be patient,this will a while)'… Reply

You are my HERO! this contact form So any time this comes up, it's quite likey there's more than one contributing factor. Zane Wv 46.706 görüntüleme 16:39 How to fix Windows 7 stuck on checking for updates! - Süre: 14:18. Susan And just as a final update to my issue, 149 updates installed, and I'm back in business! Windows Update Client For Windows 7 2016

Again, thank you so much! Here are your options Now that we're down to the wire, many upgraders report that the installer hangs. Download and install the appropriate version of KB3172605 known as the “July 2016 update rollup for Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1.” (alternate link to KB3172605 files) Restart http://aurdev.com/windows-7/windows-7-x86-update-problem-80070643-and-80071a91-errors.html Go Top Stories AT&T and Verizon squeeze ’unlimited' data users AT&T and Verizon would like nothing better than to push legacy limited data customers onto more... 5 data breach predictions for

Karl For what it's worth, we had to manually stop the Windows Update Service between each and every manual update, and then start the Background Intelligent Transfer and Windows Update Services Windows 7 Update Stuck Installing The download links for the same are given belowWindows 8.1https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/kb/3138615Windows 7 SP 1https://support.microsoft.com/kb/3138612You’ll see a MSU file in your downloads folder when it’s completed. after googling multiple sites and trying many different options from Microsoft and others, your step two actually worked!

steve pooke November 27, 2016 Reply Thanks a lot for this article.

TO download the ms updates from ms sites, you need Opera browser that is not hiding the download links and the download text messages... Prior to trying the four solutions listed here, I also tried downloading a stand-alone microsoft update for Windows 7 Update. i can not do a rollback or anything like that Bornyesterday December 7, 2016 Reply This was an incredibly detailed, fantastic fix. Windows 7 Update Problems Once done, I reboot and provided there is a constant link to the web and click on the "MS window updates" and just leave it.

does not solve it… neither deleting %temp%, etc.Side note: The PC has no Internet connection and must have never ever been connected (for security reasons), it must be allways isolated form This worked beautifully and updates are now downloading. Reply FL GuyNovember 13, 2016 at 11:58 pmPermalink #4: Offline Windows Update Tool worked for me finally (after trying many MS ‘fixes').Outstanding - thank you! http://aurdev.com/windows-7/issues-installing-sp1-and-windows-update-update.html Installing ..\w61-x64\glb\Windows6.1-KB2670838-x64.msu… Installing update 4 of 9 (stage size: 80)… Verifying integrity of ..\w61-x64\glb\Windows6.1-KB2729094-v2 Warning: Hash files ..\md\hashes-w61-x64-glb.txt and ..\md\ha t found.

Some of them popped up a message like "this update is not required for your computer", so I just deleted those without installing. If you like you can change Windows Update settings back to automatic when you've finished applying updates. share|improve this answer edited Dec 14 '16 at 1:15 RockPaperLizard 2,37072242 answered Nov 4 '15 at 18:46 magicandre1981 62k1687120 Comments are not for extended discussion; this conversation has been The problem is Microsoft in it's infinite greed and cheapness did not include a system disk with my last computer and my system image failed so I have to contact them

Bu tercihi aşağıdan değiştirebilirsiniz. Turn off automatic checking for updates and click "check for updates". so have now disposed of Windows 10 OS on them all, which is a piece of junk software and re-installed Win 7, such a great OS and yes, had update issues I did have to restart after each of the updates as it was hanging on the "searching for updates on this computer" After that no problems at all.

Andrew December 15, 2016 Reply This worked the second time around. Ian Thank you!! Tried many other options, but this site provided the working solution!!! solution 1 worked like a charm!!!!!!

Here is the information regarding this update https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3125574.Basically it packages all the updates since the rollout of SP1. Learn more You're viewing YouTube in Turkish. I would recommend sticking to Microsoft TechNet threads for solutions rather than sites offering tools to resolve the error. John Mosher December 21, 2016 Reply Many Tanks Andy D.

Gianni I'm on Windows 7 SP1 x86 To resolve this issue: - first install KB3145739 manually.